Saturday, April 26, 2014

Montes de Oca : Old Castile (Spain)

Montes de Oca is a mountainous comarca situated east of Burgos in Northern Spain.




  • Sample :
Full size
  • Analysis :
  - Brachy type :  such types are rather dominant in that sample like in the Ebro valley. Curiously enough, women don't look as "reduced" as their male counterparts. Most women show strong features (chin, ...) which make the division between two types artificial.



- Lepto type : none of these individuals exhibit striking Basque features (triangle-shaped face, long convex nose, grey eyes), they look standard Iberian. Women exhibit strong features (chin, ...).



  • Morphotypes :
 

17 comments:

  1. Interesting Heraus. The male morph is very different to my eye from other Spanish male morphs. The female morph is in the more regular range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for creating this blog, is very important, I hope you keep it, because it will help the younger generation to know more about their origins and identity.

    Even though I write from Spain, I would like you to do more about Sweden and Ireland.

    ReplyDelete

I've chosen to let people comment freely on my posts. Nevertheless, you'll lose your time taunting me and calling me a fascist (which I'm really not) : I pray you to read my introduction which will reassure that my intentions genuinely aim at achieving amateurish knowledge. I understand that you may not share my passion for the history of the peopling of the World, just don't let me know as clear conscience gained by bashing a humble documentary work is useless.