Thursday, December 3, 2009

Südschleswig : Schleswig-Holstein (Germany)

Southern Schleswig is the geographical area covering the thirty or forty northernmost kilometers of Germany, where Germany borders upon Denmark. Together with Northern Schleswig, the southernmost part of Denmark, it constitutes the region of Schleswig. It is situated on the Jutland Peninsula. The Jutes were a Germanic people who inhabited Jutland. The vernacular language of Southern Schleswig is Danish.





  • Sample :
Full Scale


  • Brief anthropological analysis :

- Type 1 :
Light, brachymorphic, developed browridges, high and straight forehead, broad cheekbones, very broad jaw, little turned-up nose on men
~ Borreby



Dark variant :




- Type 2 : Light, leptomorphic, dolichocephalic, long nose, long and narrow jaw
~ Nordic



Intermediate types :



  • Final morphotypes :

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've chosen to let people comment freely on my posts. Nevertheless, you'll lose your time taunting me and calling me a fascist (which I'm really not) : I pray you to read my introduction which will reassure that my intentions genuinely aim at achieving amateurish knowledge. I understand that you may not share my passion for the history of the peopling of the World, just don't let me know as clear conscience gained by bashing a humble documentary work is useless.