Saturday, December 26, 2009

Outer Hebrides : Scotland (The British Isles)

The Outer Hebrides, (Na h-Eileanan Siar in Gaelic) comprise an island chain off the west coast of Scotland. The Hebrides were originally settled in the Mesolithic era and have a diversity of important prehistoric sites. Eilean Dòmhnuill in Loch Olabhat was constructed circa 3200-2800 BC and may be Scotland's earliest crannog. The later Iron Age inhabitants of the northern and western Hebrides were probably Pictish. The Outer and Inner Hebrides came under Norse control and settlement before the 9th century AD.


  • Sample :
Full scale


  • Brief anthropological analysis :

- Type 1 : Light, brachymorphic, convex nose, high cheekbones, large and strong jaws, pointy chin
~ Alpinoid



A very British subtype, it's actually transitional with more typical Atlantid types.


- Type 2 : Light, leptomorphic, convex nose, large and strong jaws, triangular face, close-set eyes
~ Atlantid




This type is undoubtedly very common in Atlantic Europe. A darker "Black Celt" series :


  • Final morphotypes :

2 comments:

  1. Some of the -Alpinoid- ladies show classic ''keltic'' dinaromorphism + presumably excessive alcohol intake !


    Platypus

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are Palaeo-Altantid (tall, robust, square-headed etc.) and not Alpinid.

    ReplyDelete

I've chosen to let people comment freely on my posts. Nevertheless, you'll lose your time taunting me and calling me a fascist (which I'm really not) : I pray you to read my introduction which will reassure that my intentions genuinely aim at achieving amateurish knowledge. I understand that you may not share my passion for the history of the peopling of the World, just don't let me know as clear conscience gained by bashing a humble documentary work is useless.