Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cáceres : Extremadura (Spain)

The origins of Cáceres go back to prehistoric times, as evidenced by the paintings in the Cuevas de Maltravieso (Maltravieso Caves) which date back to the late Paleolithic period around 25,000 B.C. Cáceres started to gain importance as a strategic city under Roman occupation, and remains found in the city suggest that it was a thriving center as early as 25 BC. After the end of the Roman Empire, the city was occupied by Germanic tribes then was under Arab rule : it was eventually reconquered by the Christians in the 13th century.

  • Sample :
Full scale


  • Brief anthropological analysis :

- Type 1 : Dark, brachymorphic, square-faced, large jaws, short nose, low wide-set eyes
~ Alpinoid



Somehow, the combination of wide spaced and sloping eyes and very broad and round faces exhibit a Portuguese flavour (more particularly on females).


- Type 2 : Dark, leptomorphic, long face, long high-rooted nose, close set eyes
~ Mediterranoid



  • Final morphotypes :

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've chosen to let people comment freely on my posts. Nevertheless, you'll lose your time taunting me and calling me a fascist (which I'm really not) : I pray you to read my introduction which will reassure that my intentions genuinely aim at achieving amateurish knowledge. I understand that you may not share my passion for the history of the peopling of the World, just don't let me know as clear conscience gained by bashing a humble documentary work is useless.